16-Y-O student was shocked to see Dharamlall back at house – leaked statements

The complainant who alleges she was brutally raped and sodomized by Minister of Local Government Nigel Dharamlall, was shocked to see the Minister at the house when she returned to the alleged crime scene with the authorities. Statements purported to be that of the complainant were leaked recently and have been seen by this publication.

The 16-Y-O student was taken to the house provided for the minister in the city where other senior government officials live in a compound.

“The police officers were present also Childcare worker and my mom. They told me where they were taking me. So, when we were waiting outside for the police to say go ahead, I remember seeing two people standing up outside a woman and man and they were all dressed in black, so I am assuming they were Nigel Dharamlall lawyers” the teenager alleges in a purported statement.

The girl stated, “I saw the lawyers came and spoke with the police officers and the police came and said it was clear and we can go. When I went there were people still standing outside the house and they opened the door and Nigel Dharamlall was sitting inside.”

The complainant who says she was fifteen (15) at the time she met the minister initially, alleges she was sexually assaulted three months later. On the afternoon last month when she was taken back to the residence by the authorities, “He was sitting there with another female and there were two other females inside right by the door and at the back. I saw him and he saw me too and I turned around and asked them didn’t you guys say that he wasn’t going to be here.”

The student alleges in the purported statement, “The Childcare worker asked me to step out back and go back to the vehicle until the lawyers came out and said he was actually going to leave now.” “When I visit the scene, I have to admit that the whole place felt unfamiliar, they changed up a whole set of things.” The complainant allegedly related in a purported statement.

On June 22, 2023, the police sent a file to the Director of Public Prosecution for determination. That file was sent back to the police on June 28, 2023, for further investigation by the police. On Friday, June 30, 2023, the police are reported as saying the 16-Y-O student no longer wants to proceed with the case. The minister through law firm Hughes, Fields, and Stoby has denied the allegations.